Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
merlinct7

Hydro Pump to Transmission Gasket

merlinct7
I'm swapping out the hydro pump on my 7112 for the first time. I noted that there is a plastic or fiber gasket which sits between the pump and transmission. It has an attached O-ring (at least on mine, maybe the O-ring just welded itself to the gasket)and two "ears" which position it on the transmission body. Mine had disintegrated pretty much. I don't see the part or a p/n in my 7100 parts manual, and I unfortunately don't have the Sundstrand parts manual. I do see a note, however: "B. Use gasket eliminator and place 1/8 bead all around". I'm assuming that the plastic gasket is no longer available, and also supposing that the O-ring is separate. Can anyone who's done this verify the above or straighten me out? Anyone know what the O-ring p/n should be? Or I guess I could measure it and pick one up at the hardware store! Thanks!

merlinct7
False alarm!. After staring at it a while it finally dawned on me that the "gasket" was actually the old gasket eliminator, which did in fact stick to the O-ring. Went and got the proper O-ring and Honda Bond, now squared away.