Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I broke the main jet in my AC B-10 Carb

thudpucker

XX( Now what am I going to do? Can we get this stuff any more? [IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/groaner/DSCN0269.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/groaner/DSCN0273.jpg[/IMG]

I learn everything the hard way!XX( I have the part number now to find the parts. 390950 (older) 691966 after 81101100...^

Call your local parts store. They have it or can order it. Last one I bought was a replacement for one that the PO had shortened so he could put the carb together without removing the jet. The lady at the counter(I went to a parts store that I normally do not, but it was closer than the usual) told me that the parts I was buying were for an obsolete engine and I should buy a newer engine so I would be happier because I would not have to work on it as much. I guess that jet is still laying on the counter. While she was in the shelves looking for it, I left and will never return. I drove the extra few miles to my usual store. They know me when I come through the door and get the antique Briggs catalogs out. Both stores had it in stock.

Here you go, the whole rebuild kit for less than $20, delivered. Hard to beat this price. http://cgi.ebay.com/10-12-HP-16-HP-BRIGGS-CARBURETOR-REBUILD-KIT-/120577471740?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c12fa34fc

There's a small Simplicity dealer in town here.I was looking for some carb parts also.The lady(owner)told me "They don't make parts for any of these old tractors anymore,it's because of emissions".I just said ok and gave her this look....sm00

I get them cheaper at Napa than I can get from a engine/mower shop. They usually have to order it in, but they always get in the next day ......

i can get the kit in prime line brand from carquest part no: 7-02059. costs about 30 bucks, my dad also did make one from scratch once for my uncles 2110v but he is also a expert machinist with 40 years experience8)

Les, I was able to solder the first one I broke, and it worked fine. It takes some soldering skill, some good flux, and you have to be very careful not to get solder inside the tube.