Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Drive Shaft Disks - I Never Knew...

PhanDad

there were two difference sizes:

I was doing some parts house keeping and came across a few of the drive shaft disks. I was surprised to find the old (I presume) drive shaft disk was larger in diameter than newer disks. I don't remember what tractor the bigger one was installed in, but obviously it ran with loose bolts for while - but didn't fail. Pretty tough stuff.

Almost looks like the hole patterm is the same, just one has more material on the outsude. Did you check that?

Levi, I've never had a Powermax, so it didn't come directly from one. However a PO could have used a Powermax disk in their tractor before I got it. Larry, Yes, the bolt pattern is exactly the same.

There are two sizes of the disks for the large frame tractors. I have a couple extra on the shelf and there are two different diameters, but the hole pattern is the same.

I know that the 1967 2010 and 2012 I used for my project originally had the larger ones on them. Cant remmeber offhand when or what models the smaller ones showed up.

I'm pretty sure that the manual steer Sunstar/Ultima tractors used one on the steering column too. I don't know if it was the same as the driveshaft ones for the other tractors or not. Tim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts