Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vblade snow plow

captainweezy

I know someone posted a topic a year or so ago on fabricating his own v-blade but I just talked to a friend who said he has a factory built vplow for his hb112 or 12. He bought it off a school and it came with a deck, tiller(that was never used)and a sickle mower. He said he just bought it for fun and really didn't know how much it was worth! I told him what he had and he was pretty pleased. I think I turned him onto this site to. Anyway the question is did allis or simplicity ever make a factory v plow? I looked on the information pages for the b-series and attachments and I didn't see one. he thinks its a 69 model. He told me I could have it and take some measurements if I wanted to build my own.

As far as I know, Simplicity never made a V-blade plow. The guy who made the one you are talking about is johnmonkey.

Here is a picture of mine, it is homemade. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=96008&SearchTerms=V,plow It was designed with help from Steve Chalmers who runs a Gravely tractor site. He had step by step pictures on how to get the cut plane on the angle cut. It is tricky, but his pictures helped a lot. jh

Thanks a ton john. I am heading over to look it over after work tomorrow. I will take my camera and try posting some pics again. I have not had much luck lately and have pretty much given up. Im not doing anything different from the last time I posted so I am not sure why i am having trouble. Thanks

• 2 months later...
After surfing this site today I stumbled upon a V plow on the front of what looks like a 7100 series. It's under the Memorials section. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/dutch_memorial.htm I am not sure what his user name was but he had built a pretty sweet setup of a sweeper on a 7000 series too. The V plow looks factory.

Those V-plows are very cool and tough looking. They are great for breaking drifts and opening roads. Unfortunately a V-plow has one serious drawback. Once the initial lane is opened, you wind up with essentially one-half of a sidecasting plow and any snow that slops over the center of the vee gets deposited in the middle of the road. You wind up making nearly twice as many passes as a straight blade angled to sidecast. (But then, you don't have to get off the tractor to angle the blade). We had a huge V-plow on a road grader for opening forest roads. We replaced it with a straight blade that angled and things went much faster. Even the moldboard was faster than the vee plow. The Vee was never used again. Of course there is a lot to be said for cool and tough looking, especially if your main objective is to accumulate tractors and unusual implements. Best of luck!