Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1986 Speedex 1240M

THEPATRIOT

Picked this up from an estate,one owner tractor.Been sitting for some years since the man passed away.After the normal go through she fired right up and runs great!Kohler Magnum 12 powered with a Peerless 4 speed.Also came with a deck.

Nice Find. I have heard that they are a pretty good machine. Didn't know they were still in business in 86

quote:
Now that is one handsome tractor. Deserves a name. What do you think??
how about Henry? nice tractor btwdOddOd

quote:
Originally posted by xenon172
Nice Find. I have heard that are a pretty good machine. Didn't know they were still in business in 86
They were selling tractors long after this one!sm01

Must be a company that never expanded widely into the country. I have never seen one in my area other than a coupel of real old antique ones.

quote:
Originally posted by IronPony
Now that is one handsome tractor.
I agree, sure looks well cared for.

Here, I found this. http://speedextractorinformation.org/Model840PhotoPage.html There are some twin cylinder models near the bottom of the page.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Must be a company that never expanded widely into the country. I have never seen one in my area other than a coupel of real old antique ones.
Only seen a couple older unstyled ones. Like Sam I think them had to be imported into Missouri so you never see one. Sure looks like a well build machine. Congrats

Tractor found a new home.It was VERY cool to look at,but it was a PITA to get on/off.It sure did run good though!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Robert A McNaughton
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts