Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SimplicitySwede

Newbie from Southern IL

SimplicitySwede
Hello, Im Jared, im 16 and from Southern IL. Im mostly into IH farm tractors, but im catchin onto Simps and ACs. Heres a pic of my 1968 Simplicty Yeoman that i been workin on. I know the steering wheel is on backwards lol so i can get the hood up for put the engine in when its done

MPH
welcome to the club Jared. Think I'm the only person here that would say you have the steering wheel on the RIGHT way, not OEM, but Right. I think it makes steering much easier having the corner on top for a hand hold.

SimplicitySwede
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
welcome to the club Jared. Think I'm the only person here that would say you have the steering wheel on the RIGHT way, not OEM, but Right. I think it makes steering much easier having the corner on top for a hand hold.
i notice this why you can get the hood up

timflury
Jared, Check the pictures in your manual to see the "correct" steering wheel position. The cutout is at the bottom. It's that way as to provide room for the more rotund operator.

SimplicitySwede
quote:
Originally posted by IronPony
Just because it came from the factory one way does not mean that is the only way or the right way for that matter.
ya my seat is not gonna be factory i got one that looks like the original off a MF i have and puttin Swede on the seat back

Sign in to follow this