Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Newbie from Southern IL

SimplicitySwede

Hello, Im Jared, im 16 and from Southern IL. Im mostly into IH farm tractors, but im catchin onto Simps and ACs. Heres a pic of my 1968 Simplicty Yeoman that i been workin on. I know the steering wheel is on backwards lol so i can get the hood up for put the engine in when its done

Very nicedOddOddOddOdWhat size motor you putting in it? and Were did you get the tri ribs for the front

quote:
Very niceWhat size motor you putting in it?
Might be the Fred Flintstone version........8D

quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Nice! I like the GMC behind it too.
ya thats another pride a joy i got

welcome to the club Jared. Think I'm the only person here that would say you have the steering wheel on the RIGHT way, not OEM, but Right. I think it makes steering much easier having the corner on top for a hand hold.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
welcome to the club Jared. Think I'm the only person here that would say you have the steering wheel on the RIGHT way, not OEM, but Right. I think it makes steering much easier having the corner on top for a hand hold.
i notice this why you can get the hood up

Jared, Check the pictures in your manual to see the "correct" steering wheel position. The cutout is at the bottom. It's that way as to provide room for the more rotund operator.

I'm with Jared and Marty, put the wheel on my B-1 backwards for ease of opening the hood. Also like hanging my hands on the corners of the wheel like Marty said.

Just because it came from the factory one way does not mean that is the only way or the right way for that matter.

quote:
Originally posted by IronPony
Just because it came from the factory one way does not mean that is the only way or the right way for that matter.
ya my seat is not gonna be factory i got one that looks like the original off a MF i have and puttin Swede on the seat back