Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Roy, Roy, Roy

SmilinSam

This sort of thing NEVER happens to my Kohlers...yell Mis-choked my Briggs in the hybrid tonight and she backfired..:O Blew the welch plug clean offOO:||:||:|| :D:D:D

You should rivet a piece of small chain to it, and screw the other end to the frame so you don't lose it. :D

The last one I put in is pressed in, epoxied, staked, tie wired, and now has a cage over it to catch it when it comes off. You would think B/S could have made them last longer than 40 years. sm01 Do you think Roy would shoot me if I put a Kohler carb on a B/S? How about a Mikuni, he likes the Japanese cars?

Sam, "This sort of thing NEVER happens to my" Briggs engines. :D Maybe they know you don't like them and act up to get you back. ;) gwiseman, "what? it didnt flush?" Only Kohlers flush.......... :O Rod, "Roy would shoot me if I put a Kohler carb on a B/S? How about a Mikuni, he likes the Japanese cars?" Yes, I might shoot you. However, a Mikuni sounds like a good idea. ^ Cheers Gang,

Pinnacle View Equipment, The Simplicity dealer I deal with, When I asked if they had those plugs one day, they gave me three free of charge. Must be B&S gives them away, too.

I replaced more than one before I epoxied it in. That fixed 'er right up. You have two choices, welsh plugs on one hand, a fuel pump on the other. And, FYI Briggs is a company that makes toilets too. Admittedly not B&S Briggs, they do not have the technical skills to build a commode. It takes a rare company that can provide both great power and relief all under one roof. ^

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw It takes a rare company that can provide both great power and relief all under one roof. ^
Well isn't that a full load of S:||:||:|| sm04

quote:
Well isn't that a full load of .....
Yes, but only a Kohler would have the power to tow that load. :D:D:D

Those plugs get hot too. I had one kneecap me while I was mowing a field. Amazingly I found it a half hour later, since I was a mile from the house;)

Drill a hole all the way through the carb and put in a 1/4" toggle bolt and no more worries. Simple solution!!