Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord has landed...

rsnik

Great weather here today as I drove all day down to CT to land this Landlord 101. Original Guide light in perfect condition:

Chains and weights:

Snow blower in truly like new condition:

Deck had a vac, now gone, no explanation. Recent great rollers, great bearings, original paint and decals in good condition:

46" springer with nothing missing:

stinger and doughnut with original good paint:

Set of baby moons and a carb heater:

quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
Is your picture on the post office wall yet? sweet looking deal. jh
:D ^^^^^ :D

The bad news is the seller's father passed. His father was the second owner and owned the Landlord for 20+ years and everywhere you look you see recent maintenance and it runs great. Tractor was at the deceased house, which is also very nice and very well kept. The asking price was $400, which I was delighted to pay. Doesn't that qualify me more for Interpol or UN sanctions or something? :O

Certainly worth the asking price and the drive down. Don't think you can get your pic in the post office if you pay what they want, even if you still are stealing it.^

Congrats on the great haul. The snowthrower look's like it was barely used and was stored in a heated building.

Sweet deal! I can't remember ever seeing the front belt guard still with the rest of the hitch.

Look like a great tractor, and well done by you. Looks like seat time coming, and all of those accessories are great!

An interesting take on the mower deck chute. Those tail lights look nice, might have to try that on mine. I agree, quite the steal.

Replaced the seat and eyebrow fenders and hardware with restored stuff I had on hand. Lost the tail lights. Too funky. Dang, the server seems to be locked up, can't download the pics. Will try later.

awesome find. too bad I haven't been looking for more (reasons to tick the wife off)... it was in state and everything!!! sm02

The deck is something strange. Has a 2.5" pulley instead of a 4" which means it is overspeeding:

The blades are modded:

The deck has a rubber baby buggy bumper on the leading edge:

The PO passed away and these modded blades were hardly used:

This is supposed to be a '66 deck and all the spindles are sealed bearing with no zerk fittings. They are also totally silent with no bearing noise so that's good. This was set up for one of those vacs with, like, a 5 horse Briggs on the vac trailer. The outlet of the deck is all modded up for a vac connection. There is no outside pulley for a rear mule drive (no problem, I have a spare pulley and mule drive) so this was a self powered aftermarket vac. I think the deck will tend to clog if I don't remove the mods to attach the vac as the deck outlet is severely restricted. May have to remove some mods but other than that the deck is in top shape.

Remember, the zerk fittings on the spindles were not there to lube the bearings, the bearings were sealed parts. The grease fittings can be added to fill the cavity with grease to keep out water. It looks like the POs were attempting to make a cheaper vac system work more efficiently by adding all those mods. That's a nice looking "lightly used" snowblower.:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
    • CarlH
    • mbsengineer
    • maxwood
    • Darl Swartz
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts