Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Simplicity 9518 Diesel

SmilinSam
My son is looking into A 9518 Diesel for me. Apparently it has some new parts and is not running right. He thinks it is just out of time with the injector pump or something. Dealer doesnt want to apparently mess with it to bad and is looking to sell pretty reasonable. My question concersn a crack in outer block along the water jacket. Its been cleaned and filled with JB weld. He has seen this before working on other AC 5020 types. Are cracks like these common to these tractors? Wondering if I should just avoid this creature all together?

SmilinSam
Here is an example of what it is I am looking at...
[img]http://www.tractorhouse.com/images/Tractor/fullsize/82656751.jpg[/img]
$2200 out the door with a woods 48 3pt finish mower still would like to hear more about these. The one I am looking at has about 2400 hours on it..and its a 2wd

I sure wouldn't pay $2200 for a tractor that's missing and has a JB welded crack in the block. The miss more likely is a bad injector or bad fuel pump than timing. The pump can be spendy to fix or replace. If the cast iron block cracked for whatever reason, the JB weld will eventually crack also.