Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

Old B1 taking a rest after a sod job

AC_B-1Novice
My old work horse B1 resting after about 4 passes through tough sod.
[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/1.JPG[/img]
A shot of how good a job it did for us.

The house is 67 ft and the porch 7ft deep for a comparison.

Here it broadens to a curve and rounds the house. Existing landscaping didn't help any.

Down the side of the house it removed 27 ft more sod.

Some unwanted treasure it found that the concrete workers left behind when doing the drive. I'm surprised it didn't tear something up.
[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/6.JPG[/img]
Those old tractors are still workers!!! sm01

sammiefish
Nice, what were you using... a blade, tiller, cultivator?? It left nice straight lines too... !!! The radius you made in the front from the driveway line to the house line looks like it'll make the turn while mowing an easier go...

AC_B-1Novice
I know what it is like to have clay. No fun. It took 10 hours of work on a 90 degree day to get to what you see here. I used my tiller. After tilling four times I raked up all the loose sod, threw it in the lawn trailer and put it around the rise at my drive. I tilled again and raked again and this is what I have now. I sprayed with vegetation killer and am now waiting for tomorrow to measure for block to outline with. I used a power edger to run the outline after laying it out with a garden hose. That B1 really surprised me and I would have hated to do all that by hand. Great old machines. larry