Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Year these ole tractors were made

MPH
While robbing differential parts from my Model W transmission I noticed a "casting #" and right under it a 12/13/67, went and looked on the B112 12/27/72. Don't recall seeing this # location brought up on any of the id questions I've seen posted. My B112 eng says its a 1970. Maybe someone with more wisdom on these ole tractors than me can reply if this # is a bum steer or a positive year ID. thanks MPH

JDSnyder
The engine may have been made in 1970, the casting in 1972, and the tractor assembled with those parts at some date after. Or, the engine or casting could have been replaced at some point over the years.

MPH
Sorry Jord, poor posting on my part, they are right below the right axle just under the hitch iron. Just took a walk to double ck myself, the B112 and the Model W have date #, my 725 tractor and the B10 tranny that came in the pick-up load with the 112 only have a casting #, guess I didn't discover any secret after all MPH

Kent
Combine all this confusion with the fact that dealers could still order brand new tractors in all the following model lines in August of 1969: Big Ten, B-10, B-12, B-110, B-112, HB-112, B-210, B-212, HB-212... You could actually have a "1969 model" B-212 that was sold and placed in use before a Big Ten made in 1966, or perhaps even 1965....[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/prices/69_pg20-17.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/prices/69_pg20-17.htm[/a]

MPH
Oh the times they are a changin', I'd pay those prices for a Good used one. Hard to believe my B112 sold for less than a buy this sat take to the dump next sat MTD at Sams club. MPH