Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
therocket

"Push Off"

therocket
[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x203/rocketjimmyz/Tractors011-1.jpg[/IMG] Who would Win this "Push Off"? The Simplity 725 or the Wheel Horse WorkHorse 700 with a Techy 7hp. [IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x203/rocketjimmyz/Tractors006-2.jpg[/IMG] Proud day out in the sun with my 7114.

SmilinSam
Would be a close call,but I'd bet on the Wheel Horse. Lower center of gravity and more weight over the rear wheels and less over the front forbetter traction. The Briggs is going to have more torque, but alot more weight up front. If the Simplcicty wheels wouldnt break free The Siimplicity would win easy, but I'm betting the wheels would break free before the Wheel Horses would.

timflury
I would really go with the 725. The drive belt on the Simp is shorter than that of the Wheel Horse. But then you need to make sure the machines weigh EXACTLY the same with an operator on board each. Then the air pressures in each tire need to be EXACTLY the same,,, both front and rear. But before you try anything for real,,,, a scale model test should be done first. Oh heck, by the time all the preparation is done, it'll be time to put the tractors to bed for the night. Nice machines,,, all three of them!

xenon172
As they sit in the photo the WH has the advantage with extra weight of the deck. Remove the the deck and I think the Simplicity would win based on a much better engine. It really comes down to which one spins its wheels first

UCD
When posting pictures please reduce to 640 x 480 pixel size as the 1024 x 768 is to large as it forces the written text side ways and makes the post hard to read as you have to scroll sideways to read it. Not every one has 21" monitors Thank You

Sign in to follow this