Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6216 - deck belt placement, help please

mroman59

OK, now this may sound stupid, but I just put my 6216 all back together. Put engine on frame, new solenoid, new oil seal, new primary drive belt, repaired my brake band, fixed the neutral position switch, new battery, and I even had to drill at new hole and tap new threads in the transmission housing because one bolt broke off near the axle. So I wanted to put the deck on and take it for test drive and see if it cuts grass. I have not used this lawnmower for over two years. However, I cant figure out how the lousy belt goes on the deck. I am looking at the diagram in the book and I still cant figure it out. Either I am stupid or need a nap. If anyone has a 6216 and can post a photo of how the belt goes on the deck, I would greatly appreciate it. If I can cut the grass with this puppy, it will give me time to work on my 7117 tractor, which is out of commission because both bearings on the middle spindle of the deck just went bad and another upper bearing on another spindle is starting to go bad. Thanks, MR

Michael, I am sorry I cannot help, but I find the belt diagram on my 7012 (landlord) hard to follow. It usually takes me a try or two before the belt is mounted correctly. I think you will have better luck with a picture, than the belt diagram. The diagram flattens the belt routing out, while a picture will show you depth and angles. Rick.......

thanks everyone, i just got it on and cut some grass i need to do a few things to it and then I am selling it. going to take the money and put it into my 7117, deck rebuild possibly then buy another tractor for spare Mike