Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PTO question on my new 6216

chezypuuf

Ok, so i just bought a 6216 for $300. It came with a 42", and 48" deck, but no other attachments. I know nothing about trackers. This is my first ever. I saw that my tracker can take a 30" tiller(1690393), and a 42" dozer plow(1690085). I am looking to purchase both, but I'm not to sure how the PTO works. It seems to be a belt driven PTO off the transmission from the pics i saw online. But my 6216 only has a flat sheet of metal where the PTO belt assembly should be. I have PTO decals there, and a light next to the steering column that says PTO engage. Do i need to buy something extra to attach a PTO gear or does something come with the PTO driven attachments? I'm totally lost.

First off WELCOME; The best you can do is to find the MFG#s in the what fits section and down load the manauls.

You can use the PTO lever for the mower or the tiller - not both at the same time - download all your model #"s (example - 1690688) manuals from Simplicitymfg.com and your tiller manuals also(1690393)- These will help alot with understanding how it works/goes together and what parts are needed - this page only shows where the rear PTO pulley goes once you knock out the plate - Search steve-wis or sunrunner, he did a nice job fabbing one for his tractor and may be some good reading - Chris

Wow, Thank you so much guys. Sunrunner those pictures helped a lot. I think my next question is where do i find a PTO pulley kit, and tiller? I've been looking on e-bay, craigslist, local papers and stuff, but not coming up with much. Is there any chance of Simplicity's newer attachments being backwards compatible?