Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rear lift rod?

KenN

I have a 1964 LL. One of my implements is a cultivator. I assume I need a rod to lift it. It has a chain connected to the top of the cultivator. I've found a 1" round stock rod to use, however my question is how long should this rod be and what type of connector was used to connect the chain? Does any one have a picture? Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for a great site. These simplicity tractors are great machines. Ken

The rod would be the same as on the moldboard plow. Maybe Larry could post the demensions. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107302&SearchTerms=moldboard

The dimensions are posted in tech tips/Answers to Commonly Asked Questions . It is a 1" steel rod 8½" long with 2 7/16" holes, located ¼" from the ends 90° from each other.

Maynard,,,, You are a SAINT!! I've been looking for dimensions for the hitch adapter since I bought this,

via Ebay. The piece has been cut and welded and an extra sleeve added. I'm looking for a plow to mount to it as well as the remaining parts you show above. The part actually lines up just fine on my 2110.