Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bigdog46

Mega fire module installation

bigdog46
I purchased a Mega fire ignition module to install on my 16 hp Briggs 326434 engine and I am confused as to how to wire it. I understand that the white wire from the module goes to ground and that the blue wire connects to the wire that currently goes to the points but I am confused about the stop wire. The diagram shows it going to the blue wire also? Could someone who has installed a Mega fire please help me to get it wired correctly? Thanks. Gary

midnightpumpkin
The "stop wire" still needs to go to the keyswitch to stop the engine. The stop wire and the wire that originally connected to the points go to the same place under the tin. Just connect the wire that used to go the points to the megafire module. John U

bigdog46
Thanks, I connected the wire from the points to the blue wire on module and grounded the white wire with screw used to connect module to engine and it runs great. I did not change the stop wire at all. I believe the lobe on camshaft that operated the points plunger is worn and that is why I was having problems keeping points adjusted where it would run. I had to adjust the points to a setting less that the .020 recommended and then it would only run for 20 minutes or so and would quit until I adjusted the points again. I am now a believer in the Mega fire module.