Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

9020 Tires

CJ55

What size tires are everyone going to to replace the turf 29x12.00x15 in a bar or tractor tire. Also brand name & cost factor if possible. Thanks in advance

The lug tire were an option on these tractors with a different rim. The turf tires really never wear all that much so swapping them isn't real common. As for swapping them out to cleats, an online search is as good a place to start as any.

i believe that the turf tire option used the 29 12 15 tire in the rear and wider 10 inch wheels in front but if you got the ag tire setup it came with a set of 4 12 front tires and 8 16 rear ag tires.you can get ags in 29 12 15.

get online. go to nebraskatire.com click on lawn/ golf then lawn and garden. walla! the ones i bought were titan blems 29-12.50-15 and i love them. the only problem i had was titan made 2 different ones. 1 has a flat tread and the other has a slightly rounded tread. well they sent me one of each. i couldnt even tell until they were on the rims. rounded was about an inch taller.so i called them and they said they couldnt tell the difference either. they said they would send me 1 more and it would match one or the other of mine. 3 days later i got another tire no cost no shipping and they told me to keep the other one for a spare. then i found 2 titans for the front on craigs list for $40. good luck, greg.

Hey Greg ...... let's see some pictures of those tires mounted up!!! Curious, never liked the look of the stock option. This could be interesting though.

Here is a picture of the 8-16's with 4.00-12's on the front. The factory AG tire setup.
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4584992431_163239e5cf_o.jpg[/img]
John U