Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MrSteele

243400 series governor linkage

MrSteele
Could any of you with a 10 HP 243*** series engine be so kind as to send a pic of how the governor/carb linkage looks? It has been about 5 years since I tore the engine down, and am now trying to put it back into service. I am not certain I even have all the parts.

JJ MARSHALL

JOE the long rod you see on the right going up goes to the carb. the brown spot you see at the end of the spring is the tip of another rod that goes up should have a hole in it ,that is where your throttle cable should hook. hope this helps. JJ

MrSteele
Thanks, but what I need to know is what the carb to governor link looks like. As I said, it has been about 5 years since I tore it down, and have several governor links laying around. I am not certain which one it is. Is the link a straight rod, or is it offset to avoid other parts on the side of the engine. I tried one a while ago that seemed to fit, and would work if I wanted to run around at half throttle as the idle speed. I am currently searching for a manual that is on one of three computers that I regularly use, but I think it is on the one the wife is chatting on. By the way, the engine started before it turned over more than a couple of times while I manually played with the throttle, seems to run FINE, but, I can't use it at idle.