Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

2 plow AC I never new existed.

AC_B-1Novice
Hope it is ok to post this here. I took this picture at the Ashland OH tractor show today. They focused on AC's this year and I really got some good pics. One really rare Bungariz. I have 64 pictures, this is one of them.

Larry Here is the link to the garden tractor pictures of the 2009 show. http://www.yesteryearmachinery.org/gallery/picindex.aspx?RelativePath=show2009/gardentractors

steve-wis
Larry, The pic is an Allis Chalmers G. There are a fair number of them around yet. Used alot in orchards and veggie farms. You could get the double plow (so you can plow in both directions), cultivators, sprayers, planters, and many other attachments too. They are a cute little machine. Steve

gearhead19
I bought some 300 series parts from a gentleman in fowlerville a few weeks back, he had an Allis " G " model he was restoring. He Told me The "G" model stands for Gadsten, and they were manufactured in Gadsten Alabama. Can anyone confirm this ? Thanks, Dan

JimH
quote:
Originally posted by gearhead19
I bought some 300 series parts from a gentleman in fowlerville a few weeks back, he had an Allis " G " model he was restoring. He Told me The "G" model stands for Gadsten, and they were manufactured in Gadsten Alabama. Can anyone confirm this ? Thanks, Dan
Dan, the AC G was manufactured at the Gadsden Alabama plant. As far as the "G" meaning, "Gadsden" that has never really been confirmed that I am aware of. It has also been said that "G" stands for "Garden"

sammiefish
I just figured it was G because when happening upon this model for the first time and seeing its unusual appearance the observer has a tendancy to react by uttering the word: GEE ^

AC_B-1Novice
Baily...Every 2nd weekend in July. http://www.ironmemories.com/events/ashland-county-yesteryear-machinery-club-19th-annual-show I only get to go on Sunday. My wife's reunion is on Saturday in Baltic OH. sm02 Here is the link to the garden tractor pictures of the 2009 show. http://www.yesteryearmachinery.org/gallery/picindex.aspx?RelativePath=show2009/gardentractors Larry

midnightpumpkin
I live in Lake County, Ohio. Our county was once know as the nursery capitol of America. The were literally hundreds of AC Model G's used in out local nursery's most have been scrapped, but there are still a few really nice ones around. John U