Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Question for Roy

MPH

On that 'Roy bucket' you made a while back Roy, can the bucket close pretty good over something hard like a pile of loose rock? thanks

Kind of doubt it Marty. Limiting factor on mine would be the force available from the electric actuator which isn't enough for the application. Other problem would be the size of the rocks. Might work on loose gravel. Be easier to drive into the rock pile with the bucket closed, then raise the loaded, closed bucket.

Thanks Roy, that's a bummer, was thinking it might pick up rocks I york rake off my fields without me getting off the tractor and using one of them things with a handle.

Marty, With the bucket closed and lowered to the ground you should be able to load the bucket. Would be similar to pushing snow with the dozer blade only will fill the bucket. Might take a small amount of work with one those handled torture devices for the last bits of the rock pile.