Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3" Tiller Drive Pulley Part Number?

bowhunt4life

bowhunt4life
I am picking up a tiller for my 64 landlord. I am getting everything but the 3" drive pulley that fits the BGB. After downloading the tiller manual it lists a 3" drive pulley but no part number. The tiller is a 32 Heavy Duty Tiller MFR's No. 932 I found a pulley on ebay that looks exactly like the pulley I need for $9.99 but am not sure without the part number. Anyone have a part number for thet tiller drive pulley? Thanks, Chris

You need a 3" dia. pulley with a 7/8" shaft and a 3/16" key slot for a 5/8" wide belt. Ask the seller to measure up the features and see if that is what you need.

bowhunt4life
Here is the listing; [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170448513480&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url] Seller states;
quote:
This auction is for a NEW Genuine Simplicity Tiller Pulley, Part Number 118458, for the Roticul Series Tillers. Outside Diameter is 2 1/2" with 3/4" ID with keyway. Please check your application before bidding. I will only guarantee the part number to match the item. This item is NOS from a dealer closeout sale.

quote:
Originally posted by bowhunt4life
Any ideas on where to order one?
McMaster-Carr has them: [url]http://www.mcmaster.com/#6204k167/=7xjzxo[/url] I didn't want to wait, so I went to Farm & Fleet, bought a 3" puley with an open bore and a 7/8" Hub and welded them together. If you don't have a welder, it will mean a trip to someplace to have them attaced. Doug

bowhunt4life
Not a welder. Infact I have very little mechanical skill and my 64 Landlord will be my classroom. I think I am going to go ahead an order this one. Now knowing that this is the correct pulley. I am picking the tiller up on Friday. Thanks Doug. Chris

I assume you mean you are going to order from McMaster-Carr? The E-bay listing you referenced will not fit your 64 Landlord.

bowhunt4life
Yes that is correct. My error. I am ordering from McMaster-Carr? Thanks for the clarification.