Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

got a problem

SimplicitySwede

Ok my 616 Yeoman has 2 problems. I have one forward and 2 reverse speeds. The belt is ran the right way. Any ideas? and also my clutch aint disengagin all the way. Could that be my return spring?

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
Your sitting on it backwards! Turn the seat around!:D:D:D
i wish lol

It could be engine running backwards, NAH!!!^^ Double check your belt wrap and your disengaging problem generally comes from the belt guides installed wrong or not being set close enough to engine pulley to stop belt when disengaged, a common problem.;).

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
It could be engine running backwards, NAH!!!^^ Double check your belt wrap and your disengaging problem generally comes from the belt guides installed wrong or not being set close enough to engine pulley to stop belt when disengaged, a common problem.;).
yup i figured it out lol i couldnt see one twist that was in the manual

Not until I got my Simplicity that had the drive shaft running off the flywheel side of the engine did I understand why my father-in-law had a Sears repower turn out with 3 reverses and one forward. He had driven the tractor with the engine like he thought it should be, instead of from the the flywheel end, then told me that Sears was famous for doing things differently, and likely had an engine designed to run opposite from others so one would have to go to them for replacements.. Putting that machine in 3rd would literally throw you off the front of the tractor! Incidentally, does anyone here know who made the Suburban for Sears?

• 3 months later...
I did that once on 717. I put it in reverse and narrowly kept from slamming the front end into the restored LL.:O Those 90 deg twists can be easily mistaken;)