Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sammiefish

3/400 ... new tractors and old attachments??

sammiefish
if you had to compare a 3/400 to a current model what would it be... Im thinking Prestige but maybe im nuts?? would this be an accurate comparison? I know its not the legacy but what would you say?? im not running out to get a 130 but im hoping to see an AC label again on a garden tractor.... And most of all, do my old attachments connect to the new tractors?

Chris727
No comparable Simplicity today. Ten years ago the Sovereign was still made and that was as close as you would get. The prestige and conquest are vertical shaft tractors with the 4 wheel drive option and power steering. You're closer to a new Ingersol as far as what is still made today. The older 36" tillers can be adapted via a special mounting kit to be used the Prestige/conquest as well as some of the front blades but some of the 300 series tractors and a larger diameter rear lift and those implements cannot be swapped. I've also heard of people having trouble running the older tillers on new tractors, even with the adapter kit, some sort of a problem with fit.

RayS
Sam has done it with the Conquest. So it could be done with the Prestige as well. The tillers are the same. Just an adapter kit and a rearlift kit is needed. If you have the 1-1/8" lift arm on your tillers instead of the 1" they are available as well. One thing you don`t have to worry about is spending $400.00 to rebuild a BGB. I have owned my Prestige for 8 years now and don`t have any complaints other than a head gasket and that was my fault. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=35442&SearchTerms=conquest http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=39603&SearchTerms=conquest