Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
xenon172

Kohler Magnum Fuel Pump

xenon172
We got this Dixon zero turn mower in to fix that had a no start problem. After trouble shooting it a new solenoid was required to get it to turn over. This lead to another problem of no fuel getting to the carburetor which unfortunately lead to the fuel pump. The engine is a Kohler MV20 and it's been quite a while since I have had to replace a fuel pump in any Kohler engine, maybe just lucky, but I haven't really had a bad fuel pump in years. Easy enough to do but I wasn't aware of the changes in design to the pump. It is all plastic now like most things are and the gasket has been replaced with an "O" ring which looks like it will work ok. What I wasn't expecting is a universal type pump that comes in a kit form consisting of the main body and a bunch of various connection fittings so you can configure the pump to look like the one you are replacing. It even has a custom tool included, a large snap ring, used to install the fittings. When all is said and done there are a lot of unneeded parts left over. This results in a sticker price of $70 which is obscene in my opinion since you're paying for a bunch of things you don't need. Of course this new pump is also used on many K series engines as well so a bunch of members here may get to enjoy the sticker shock that comes with this part. I also included a picture of the machine just because everyone seems to like pictures.

Willy
The auction that I bought my latest B-110 and Big-10 had a Dixon zero turn. If I had more money with me I would have bought it also. It had a 16 horse Briggs they couldn't get a bid and I had already over extended myself.:(

sammiefish
yeah, imagine... I paid more than $70 for my Kohler OEM replacement plastic fuel pump.... grrrrr.... i like your description... obscene is right!! that is a cool looking machine.. I like it... brings me back...