Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

mroman59

6216 primary drive belt question

mroman59
Need a primary drive belt for my 6216. Part no. is 1674898. Does anyone know if that is supposed to be a Kevlar belt and what the dimensions are? A website I was at has the part listed under two different sizes, 47 and 50 inches. I dont have the old belt to match up and the dealer says they dont have the dimensions in their manual, just go by part no. Your help is appreciated.

sunrunner
All my 6200's use 1669937SM for the belt # - One size only and only use Simplicity belts-better off in the long run - Chris 1669937SM BELT, Primary Variator - #49 1669394SM BELT, Secondary Variator - #50

EDIT - What model # is your 6216? You may have the right #'s , but still only comes in one size? 1674898SM BELT, Primary Variator 1674899SM BELT, Secondary Variator

mroman59
I don't have the model no. of my 6216 off hand, but I got the part no. from my manual which came with the tractor, so I know its the right book for tractor. Interesting that yours are different part no. than mine. I took the part no. in the second diagram to a local shop that sells Kevlar belts. They cross referenced the no. in a book for lawnmowers. It was a 50 inch belt. They assured me that it was as good as Simplicity dealer belts because they said the same manufacturer makes them for Simplicity. Thanks for the diagram.

UCD
Of course they are going to tell you that, They tell you what you want to hear to sell you the belt. Those belts are not made in the same way simplicity belts are. It has been a proven point and documented fact that the simplicity belts are superior to aftermarket belts on simplicity tractors. The aftermarket belts are not designed to be run twisted and on the back side of the belt.