Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoore 707 Stuck in Gear

Brent_Baumer

Brent - this happened to me years ago, before I replaced the worn gears in the tranny. I seem to recall that I was able to work it loose by removing the shroud around the shift lever, so that I could grasp and wiggle the actual shifting rod. Give it a try! Tom

Brent, is the trouble stuck in gear or in hi-lo range? If its a 3 speed with reverse, not knowing a 707 at all, I'd guess its the same tranny. Parts of a walker model W I pick-up on an auction was the tranny and its basicly the same. Try following the link I was given on post #3912, took a bit of messing with but saved me a tranny tear down.

The Hi-Lo wasn't the problem, although it would be nice to fix it too, the main problem now is that the tranny is stuck in gear. I'll let him know about the fork trick through the fill hole and see it if helps. Thanks for the tips. Brent

A friend's 707 w/ the Hi-Lo option trans is stuck in gear. I've read the other posts about the shift forks slipping out of the pockets and being able to be put back in through the tranny oil fill hole. The other posts referred to a 725 and B-series tractors. Is it the same on the 707, a much smaller machine? If so, great, we'll try the previously mentioned fix. If not, any suggestions? BTW, he said the Hi-Lo hasn't ever worked since he owned the tractor. He though it was in Hi all the time. Thanks, Brent

Brent, The fill hole fix worked on my brother in laws 707. It took 15 min. Good luck John

I'm the friend with the old problem that is now fixed. The gear was off to the side and no fluid could be seen, my son said he slide it over easily and it is fine now. So I just joined your club and I think it is great. I will add fluid and I think it will be fine. Thanks again Mike