Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Member with an A/C 611 LTD

Kornch

Hi, new guy here. I recently purchased an Allis Chalmers 611 LTD. I have tried to find information, manuals and where to get any parts I may need. I don't know what year it is. The Cat# is 1690462 Serial number is 005577. I did find out it is the same platform as the Simplicity 4211 but that's all I know. I replaced the battery, changed the blades, lubed and serviced it and have mowed my half acre twice so far.The mower has the bag system minus one section of tube.I wish I could find one, I hate thatch.

Welcome aboard! Most of your questions will be answered here, you picked the best of the best sites on the net!

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
The date code on the engine will get you close to a manufactured date.
The PO replaced the engine so that trail is cold. Thanks Kenny and Brett for your responses.

quote:
Originally posted by AC_B-1Novice
Welcome to the gang Paul...try this for your tractor. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1
Thanks Larry I've tried that but I came up with 0 matches for 611 or 4211. (edit) I just learned the model number can be found under the seat/fender assembly near the battery somewhere. I will see if it's there and try searching for a manual with that number.

Hi, As I remember there were 2 611S. The first were Orange 4211s they had the "square" hoods with the 4200 plastic grill painted orange. The second ones were 5211s with the "rounded all steel grille" from the 5200 Simplicity family. The 4200s could only be had with a 36" 2 blade mower. The 5200 could be either 36" or the 3 blade 42" RH discharge mower. If you have a 4200 type, it is a 4200 parts book will work. The only significant changes through the years in the 4200s were in the tile rods and drag links with the later ones being stronger. We sold more 4200 family tractors than any other model. They were reliable and trouble free and that 36" mower when set up properly would mow with anything. You will love that tractor. If it don't mow perfectly, post and I'll provide you with the proper way to level it. Al Eden

Welcome new guy - I got this off the Simplicty Dealer portal but it looks like the have at least the engine (twin cly) listed incorrectly. What part of the catcher are you looking for? Product Series -- [600 Series - LT] Engine Mfg -- [Briggs & Stratton] Engine Model -- [402707] Engine Type -- [0132-01] Brand -- [AGCO] Belt - Drive -- [1716854] Model Year -- [1979-1982] Product Category -- [Lawn Tractor]

I need the short straight section of discharge tube. I have the piece that attaches to the deck and I have the piece that attaches to the bagger.

Al, I have the orange tractor 4200 series with the plastic grill. The head light holes are still factory blanked.The PO told me he replaced the 11 hp B&S with what is now a 12.5 hp B&S. All of you guys are fantastic and I'm happy I found this site.