Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SimplyAC

Transmission in 6211

SimplyAC
Hello everyone, long time no see! After a looong hiatus, I have returned to the SACGTC. As a matter of fact, I was surprised to see that my user name and account were still valid here! So I signed in, paid my membership dues and now I'm here with a question for you all. I am curious, did Simplicity make their own transmissions for the 6211 and does the 6200 series all use the same transmissions? I am starting a tear-down on my own 6211 and will probably have to do some transmission repair. With the price of parts, I thought if I could find a junk tractor with the right transmission maybe I could save myself a little money. Mike :D

Al
Hi, Simplicity made these transmissions. They are the old Broadmore transmission with a little beefing added here and there. The 6100 used the same trans insides,but I think the input shafts are different. It speaks well of how the old Wonderboy 616, 738 etc design was able to be toughened up to ultimately handle 18hp and tillers. Speaks well huh? Al Eden

SimplyAC
quote:
Originally posted by Al
Hi, Simplicity made these transmissions...It speaks well of how the old Wonderboy 616, 738 etc design was able to be toughened up to ultimately handle 18hp and tillers... Al Eden
Hello Mr. Eden and thanks for your reply! It always fascinates me that with all the technology that we CLAIM to possess today so many things are "throwaway". Yet all those many years ago they could design and build things that can still do the job today! Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Mike :D