Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller Mounting Pins

bowhunt4life

Does anyone know where I can get the round head mounting pins that attach the lower brackets of a tiller to my 64 landlord? I am thinking maybe tractor supply. Couldn't find part numbers for them, or size? any other info on the sleeve pin would be appreciated too. Thanks, Chris

If you want the original looking round heads Im not sure where to find them... BUT if you want a functional clevis pin I recommend a place like harbor freight. You can purchase a box of assorted sizes for less than $10. I find tractor supply expensive at $3-5 each.

Thanks, I went to the simplicity dealer a week ago and asked them for the pins and they said they can't get them anymore. I was hoping to find them at tractor supply. Gonna try NAPA later today. fun and games.

Part # 2155037SM Try Sandy Lake, SEPW, or Jacks. All Sponsor adds that help pay for the site. Or you could give your local guy another shot with the part #

Greg, Where did you find the part number for those pins? By the way I ordered them from Jacks. Thanks, Chris

I went onto SEPW site and used the parts look-up. Thier site uses the older version of look-up, unlike Jacks. I find it easier to use. I found it looking up the tiller, and then in the mounting hitch section. 990174 32" tiller, under Simplicity, attachments, tillers.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/tiller.jpg[/img]

There are short and long ones. Soon after I got my tractor I had the nearest Agco dealer(old AC) order me some, I ordered the short ones by mistake. They work fine, but there are longer ones that are easier. My Dad had a couple of the long ones and I use them all the time.

Try Al Eden. I only recently discovered his dealership has a deep parts inventory. http://edensltd.com/ I have a big bag of them I collected by always buying the bolts and small parts lot from Joe Hemmi on eBay. Joe has the Joe's Outdoor Power continuous auction where he parts out several Simplicity/AC tractors a week. Here is an example of a small parts lot, but it is from a current 7119 and not a good example. I found that FTD tractors yield a lot more and a lot better small parts, including more of these pins. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-7119-Tractor-Misc-Parts-/370408184158?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563e0c595e