Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
snohiker

electic lift 3410

snohiker
hello again and thanks for the help on the spark issue its running great now for the lift never had one like this and im guessing it an electrical issue but its not doing anything is there anything i should look for before pulling it all apart do they get stuck or freeze up thanks again rob

larry8200
My 3416H has the electric lift, the original switch has sat in the rain so much I can scarcely believe it still works. The leads on the lift motor have slide connectors. If you have a voltmeter, I would dissconnect the leads and test the voltage on the tractor side. When you push the switch one way you will have +12 volts and -12 volts the other if the switch and wireing are OK. If there is no voltage there, I would check that the switch is getting power. The switch has 6 connectors, 2 rows of 3. One pair on the end has 2 wires on each terminal. This is where the power is fed. If you have 12 volts there the switch is probably bad. The pair of terminals on both ends are connected diagonally, and the center pair go to the lift. If the switch isn't getting power the circuit breaker or ignition switch is next.... The Ignition switch has to be on for all this of course. My connectors on my lift motor have gotten a little loose over time. Sometimes the lift will stop working, and wiggling the connectors puts it back in business. They should be replaced..... I re-wired the lights this spring and replaced the original switch with one with screw terminals. It sat in the rain just once and was dead. Put the original switch back in. Progress... Good Luck.