Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

Lift rod too long?

Brettw
I went to hook up the plow blade on the 7114 for the first time this weekend, and was surprised to find the lift rod was much too long. Long enough that you could not mount the blade on the lift bracket unless you turned it, as it would hit the blade if it were straight. Must have been 10" too long or so. As it turns out, the lift rod from the blower worked fine and I was able to do my work. What might this lift rod be for? I always thought the 7100 series had some of the longer frames of the large frames? Also, this plow had the bracket for mounting to a 6000 series with it. Is the lift rod for those series tractors longer than for a 7100 series?

Brettw
quote:
I just used a hacksaw, and made mine fit
I thought about that, but figured why bastardise a part that 2 minutes after I take a hacksaw to it, some member needs the longer rod. My blower rod is correct and works, and if someone can tell me how, and more importantly, why I would need to mount the blower and the plow at the same time, then I guess I would use the hacksaw analogy. I'd rather^ ship it to a member in need than cut it so I have one that works, but isn't really needed by me. ^