Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sickle bar!

THEPATRIOT

I picked this up in a package i just "had" to buy!I was wondering what i could get for it???(ball park)

The cutting bar is snapped....drop $100 off the price. Otherwise it looks like a nice complete unit.

Is that the break on the left side of the image by the fourth tooth Erik?? I wouldn't have known without the aid of a trained eye.

kind of. Simple welding can repair anything....I have found that out by ripping apart other folks stuff. I heard someone here call it "farmer genious". If you or anyone are interested, I have about a 36" section of broken bar that I have been holding on to (for no particular reason) that you could cut to size and weld to that bar.

I don't know if he is still making them, but at one time a member, Howard Tews, was making and selling those bars.

quote:
BTW, is it for an FDT or an RBT?
This one is for a FDT. The sickle bars that fit a RBT have a planetary gearbox on them because the pulley speed of the cone clutch PTO is faster than the bottom pulley speed on the PTO of a FDT. There was one on eBay a while back that someone had adapted with an extension to the hanger and a jackshaft that reduced the RPM from the BGB PTO. The price for one of these can vary allot. I guess it just depends how close the seller is to a buyer who wants to pay allot. I live in North East Ohio and got one off eBay in April for $146.50. Everything was in great shape, no broken blades or teeth, it looks barely used. After I got it, I was looking it over and doing some research and I learned the difference between the PTO speeds. All I had was 7010, 7014s, 7016, and a 7119 for tractors. The bar I just got a GREAT deal on was useless to me. So I managed to get a 2110 (off eBay) in May for $167.51. That project is almost done but has a few more things before it is complete.

I bought a bar from Howard.Very pleased.I think if you use these on a regular basis you should have a spare bar.JMO....

Howard made me two earlier this year. Excellent quality. Carl owns one of them now and can attest to the craftsmanship.

Like your thinking Mark, have an attachment that don't fit your tractors!!!! Buy a tractor to fit the attachment.^^^