Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cool pix part 1, doing decals

larry8200

Made these center stickers using inkkjet transparencies, self stick clear vinyl laminate, Adobe and 2 sided tape. Have hood stickers coming from cklickitandstickit.com. will post more pics soon.

quote:
Originally posted by DMedal
tell us more about how you did this, please
The graphics are simple, I did these with a now ancient program, Adobe Photodeluxe Business edition 1.0 Start with a rectangle the size of the widest width and heght. 300 DPI minimum. Make 2 diagonal lines on left and right, splitting the width difference. connect them top and bottom. fill the area with black. Add text boxes top middle bottom. font size doesn't matter boxes are scaleable. Used Arial bold. Line tool set to 40 pixel width. 3 lines per arrow. 6 more text boxes to label arrows. Boxes are rotateable as well as scaleable. For best water resistance print on inkjet or laser overhead transparencies and paint background the color of the text. I also print on cardstock for area's that don't get soaked. Put clear vinyl adhesive sheet over face of transparency, over front and back of cardstock. Trim with paper cutter or straight edge and razor blade. Apply 2 sided tape to back edges. Trim. Radius corners with fingernail clippers. Peel and stick. The large sticker took 2 hours, the small took 3 minutes. The hardest part is applying and trimming the tape. Silicone adhesive works great, but you have to weight it down or tape the sticker in place for 24 hours. There's lots of different ways you can do this. Contact cement for countertop laminate would work fine I've made stickers like these for many years for glass doors and windows on storefronts. They last quite well. Several weeks ago, I scraped all the stickers off the engine trying to find the ID number. The end result even after some painting was not aesthetically pleasing. A friend suggested I make some, I was a little dumbfounded since the thought hadn't ever occurred to me. I made up a set for the engine (with liberties :)) and was so happy with them I'm on a roll. I'm thinking of painting my MTD push mower orange, and making Simplicity stickers for it. This place may soon be filled with Simplicity imposters, who knows. sm01 I buy the vinyl in bulk, in 11 X 17 sheets which is both better and cheaper than locally available materials, but I've used transparencies and vinyl sheet protectors from Staples and had fine results too. I've used a lot of different 2 sided tape from 3M and others. The best I've found, and hardest to use since it's only 1/2" wide, is made by Frost King for sealing windows. Sold seperate from the kits at Wal-Mart for $5/roll. Once it's been heated up on non-porous surfaces, it REALLY sticks. It's also like contact cement, once you touch a corner, thats where it's going. You can also put this clear tape on the face for mounting on the inside of glass facing out. If you want to try this, make an extra. sm01

another site i have used is decalkits.com they did all my yeoman stickers

i screwed the one up with card cleaner but i was very happy with thier work