Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Repower

3314WV

I have a 3416H i am needing an engine for. I have seen repower kits for the 7000 series tractors but nothing for the 3000 series. Is there much difference in the frames of the 2 ?.....will they both interchange ?....I am trying to nail down what my best option would be. If anybody has any good advise for me i would really appreciate it. Thanks.....

The 3400's 7000's 7100's the motors will all fit in this tractor . just depends on what motor you have you will have to do some wiring . And all I can say on a motor Is all my 7100;s and 900's all have the kohler K series in them

Weren't the 7100's extended to accomidate the v-twins? I thought the 3400 and 7000's only take the single cylinders and you need the extra frame length in the 7100's to put a twin in... Again, I may be wrong, there are a lot of talented people that will be able to nail it down on the site...

You could be correct on the V-twins I have only ever had 1 twin and it was blown up when I got it so I only run my singles since I have found a few over the last year . I know my buddy put a Kt17 in a 7016 but I do think he hacked up the frame to do it

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
Weren't the 7100's extended to accomidate the v-twins? I thought the 3400 and 7000's only take the single cylinders and you need the extra frame length in the 7100's to put a twin in... Again, I may be wrong, there are a lot of talented people that will be able to nail it down on the site...
That's both my understanding and personal expereince

Years ago I owned a 3416S and a 7013S at the same time and spent a lot of time on both. Other than decals there were no differences that I could find. However, the differences in the longer wheelbase 7100 series and above are significant and engine swaps would require fabrication.

I have an old Briggs 18HP Vanguard that i know does not fit without fabrication. Thia was my dad's old tractor and i really wanted to get it up and running again. I had noticed a single 16 Kohler in the Northern Tool catalog and the bolt measurements looked like they would work. I knew a lot of people on here had went through this before.....:) I really appreciate your thoughts....

The Kohler M16, M14, M12 will drop right in. If you don't have a Kohler donor engine, you will need to get the flywheel coupling, to connect it to the driveshaft. To put in a boxer twin would be a lot of fab work. But I have seen a couple of Kohler CH18 dropped in your frame and they don't look like there was much for modifications.

Kohler singles will bolt directly in, but you need to either buy or make a driveshaft adapter. I currently have a K321 in my 61 Wards (Simp 700). At one time I had a K301 from a Cub Cadet in the Wards. I made the adapter for that one from a flat plate. It worked fine. You should also be able to make the Vanguard fit in that chassis. It may take a little frame modification, if you have access to cutting and welding equipment. Same as above, you can fabricate a driveshaft adapter if needed. None of my three operational tractors have the original engine. I do not consider swapping engines to be a major task, just a minor nuisance. If you decide to swap, I am available and will give you any help that I can. I will be coming to Charleston in mid-August, to pick up my Mom for a two-week visit, then taking her home first of Sep. If you like, maybe I could drop by and take a look at your project and share some of my experiences in engine swapping.

Ricky, I will let you know exactly when I am coming in, but right now it looks like I will probably come that way on Friday 20, that way we can get together on Saturday if that is OK with you. Let me know. PM me, and we can have our further discussions off the forum.