Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dirtmister16

went to a auction

dirtmister16
went to a auction, fair amount of tools. lots of guns and related equipment. even a lathe and tooling, lots of taps and dies, grinders, wrenches, chests and other bits and pieces. well i got my #1 item. A next to new 2 cylinder oiled compressor 220v 5hp. beats the heck out of the old little roller i have. actually sold my old one tonight to a friend, 15 bucks, same as i paid for it, so no lost money SWEET! HAHA didn't get the tray of vice grips, that when for 65 bucks, i wanted to pay half. and so that got let go, didn't get the new come a long, it went for more then retail. there was some other stuff, but nothing in needed or wanted too bad. so i think i made out just fine. now i need to wire my garage for this new beast! sweet! will be nice to have setup, had to move things around to acommadate this one, but thats ok.

GregB
Nice score on the compressor. Vise grips are the "new" hot item it seems at auctions. Since the brand has been sold, and the new owners moved the production overseas :( they do not have the fit and function that the old sets had. So people are stocking up at auctions.

dirtmister16
i agree,the new ones aren't the same, cheaper materials and fit and finish. i try to find the old ones, those are good ones. im keeping my eyes out and working at it. i got a pair when they first switched over and they seem good had them for a few years and holding up well. The compressor is a 20 gallon, 5hp,130psi. oiled horizontal portable. most simialar i can find reatail close to five or six hundred dollars, i only paid $225 for it. i think thats a fair deal for a next to new machine hardly used.

JimH
[quote]Originally posted by GregB
Nice score on the compressor. Vise grips are the "new" hot item it seems at auctions. Since the brand has been sold, and the new owners moved the production overseas :( they do not have the fit and function that the old sets had. So people are stocking up at auctions. Good info Greg. I'll have to check auctions and flee markets.

Sign in to follow this