Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Custom 100 Series Garden Tractor

Jake

I'm in the process of designing a custom tracked 100 series garden tractor. I have all the parts I need except the drive train. If anyone has any ideas for the tractor let me know. I would also like to know if anyone has any good resources for cheap undercarriage parts. Thanks

I was thinking about doing that I think I was going to take zero turn lawn trans. And fit the rubber tracks to them. I want mine to have a steering wheel and not levers for steering so that is where I stalled my project. for the under carriage I going to find like a dingo or an old walk behind track loader ??? my two cent hope it helps give me some Ideas on steering if you got one. Glad to see someone thinks like I do :D:D

Would like to see someone do that with an Allis or Simplicity garden tractor.
quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Jake, Take a look at this. http://www.ihcubcadet.com/BobsPage/crawler100.htm
[img]/club2/attach/Mack/Crawler1.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by JimH
Would like to see someone do that with an Allis or Simplicity garden tractor.
quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Jake, Take a look at this. http://www.ihcubcadet.com/BobsPage/crawler100.htm
[img]/club2/attach/Mack/Crawler1.jpg[/img]

That guy has some serious time, talent and money! Did anyone else notice the one aside the crawler actually has front wheel assist? Dan

He lives about 40 miles away from me. Have not seen him for a while but he has made some great stuff. The last time I talked to him he was working on a forklift like the old style tractor type.I would like to see him come to our show in Chilton Wisconsin again as he put on a nice show. The other tractor is a full 4 wheel drive ,He does a great job with the mechanical and paint it is something to be prod of . Bob

I had the idea of using like a Big Ten seat for comfort and on that putting a side-to-side joystick for steering and then using the HB type forward-and-back. It's still a work-in-progress as far as designing. If I can find the video I will link it.
quote:
Originally posted by thatlevi
I was thinking about doing that I think I was going to take zero turn lawn trans. And fit the rubber tracks to them. I want mine to have a steering wheel and not levers for steering so that is where I stalled my project. for the under carriage I going to find like a dingo or an old walk behind track loader ??? my two cent hope it helps give me some Ideas on steering if you got one. Glad to see someone thinks like I do :D:D

quote:
Originally posted by ka9bxg
He lives about 40 miles away from me. Have not seen him for a while but he has made some great stuff. The last time I talked to him he was working on a forklift like the old style tractor type.I would like to see him come to our show in Chilton Wisconsin again as he put on a nice show. The other tractor is a full 4 wheel drive ,He does a great job with the mechanical and paint it is something to be prod of . Bob
Did he use the rear end from a golf cart for the 4 wheel drive front end? Dan

Here are the links. They are both the same tractor. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCMhW6liow&videos=CVm42s95hKA[/url] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Q56uS1n00&videos=AQP3WiT9_ys[/url]

Cool links Jake! I'm guessing that he is using wheel brakes tied to the seat control lever to control the steering and the standard hydro lever to control the speed. I like the chipper too! Dan

I like the links however I think it can be done better. possibly simpler and with smoother operation. like a skid loader with tracks works. Still also a design in process thanks for reopening another door in my twisted mind Thank you :D:D:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts