Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

In my little tractor world

Fronkie

I haven't posted any pics in quite some time so I thought I'd put some on...I know how much everyone likes pics. The first few are of my 4 1/2 year old daughters tractor...we still need to finish the seat. She wanted pink and purple...so pink and purple it was. It's not as sweet as Jon's pink homesteader...but then again...Jon is a pro when it comes to restores.

Price of fuel to tractor show...$10 Donor tractor...$30

Very happy daughter...priceless

Also found another 720 since I sold my other one to buy the F-350. It's amazing how these things sometimes just show up.

I added the electric fuel pump...thanks guys for the post on this!

Also was given a set of gang mowers by my father-in-law. They were out in the woods and will need some serious attention...and lots of PB Blaster!

And finally, since I was taking pictures, I took a couple of outside.

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
Nice job all round! Is that a tiller on the 720?
Looks like a flail mower.

• 4 months later...
quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
Nice job all round! Is that a tiller on the 720?
Looks like a flail mower.
It is a Mott flail mower. It took me all a few months to get it all working right. I would be mowing the field and the mower would bog the tractor. I tried many things, but it turned out to be the choke. The dual belts off the engine would hit the choke cable and cause it to flood the engine. Well, the choke cable finally broke, and it has run great ever since.

I'm not sure what to do with the gang mowers. Thought about just having it all sandblasted. Currently they are in pieces awaiting a final decision. If anyone is in need of a set, I may just trade them away.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Chris727
    • littlemarv
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts