Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

half scale tractors

brockway

Has anyone ever built a half scale?I was at a show last week and there was three of them.My son got to drive one now that is all he talks about.Just wish he would get green off the brain.

Give the kid some wrenches and see how fast he can get to the drive train on one of those green things--Then raise the hood and seat pan on yours and show him how life ought to be. Letting kids have those green ones is closely akin to child abuse. If he reports you it could be a problem. Get him on the right path while he's young.:D:D

Now that is funny! I wish it was that easy.You would think that he would want to be like his dad and grandpa.These tractors are addicting.I am going to look at possibly tractor number 7 and 8 may be 9 this week.One is simplicity that the tractor articulates in the middle don't understand but sounds neat so we will see.

I was in a parade on the 4th of July and I followed one that was a work of art! If I had not talked to the builder I would never of thought some guy built it.My hat goes of to anyone that builds one.I do not know my way around boilers at all.I have seen a lot of those green tractors made half scale.

Here's a pic of what me and Bob are "nudge nudge, wink winkin'" about.

There's a guy that made a baby Oliver featured in LAGC Magazine's latest issue. I've also seen the junior sized Rumley Oil Pull tractors at shows.

Yeah those are neat,but my 8 year old got to drive a half scale that a guy built.Now that is all he talks about.So I guess dad and grandpa have a project to work on.I am just glad my boys are getting into tractors.I think it is cool to see 3 generations in the garage working on tractors!

can anyone post a picture of a half-scale such as described? If it is offensively green perhaps the moderators could redo it into black and white.

LAGC has some pictures of them.I would post some pictures but I am not a member.Basically they are just a garden tractor with bigger ag tires and some custom sheet metal work.At tractor shows you see guys make john deere and IH tractors.I saw a case steamer that was unreal it was so good that you would think that it was real.