Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bent my roller need help

Snagged something strong enough to bend the outer most section of my new Landlord 54" deck roller. It still spins fine probably bent 10 degrees toward the back. Any tips on straightening out?

To eliminate bending roller shafts on roots,etc. I cut about 2" off each end,cut roller down if you have to,and redrill new pin holes.that stops that problem,,,

take it off, put it on an anvil or something flat and beat the hell out of it with a brass hammer and pray that it doesn't snap in two. if it does brake, then take the two pieces to a reputable machine and they should have in stock a rod to cut to the length you need. shouldn't be more than ten dollars. all you have to worry about then is drilling pin holes and putting it back on your deck.

thanks for the tips. Here is how I straightened it.Parked the tractor in my garage where on opposite walls I have about 4-5" of exposed concrete foundation/footing sticking up. Used a long 2x4 to support/propped against the foundation & the front side of the deck and a 4x4 bottle, jack & opposite foundation to push against the roller. This worked like a champ, slow steady force no pounding or disaasembly required. Now I just have to not bend it again