Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112 repower.

Will the rest of the tractor be up to the horsepower increase? 4hp more is a fair jump in power. Just my $0.02 worth. Jeremy

I think a hub kit is available for the PTO if the crankshaft diameter of the 16 is larger than the 12.

My question is can I use a 16HP briggs with seemimgly the same block as my 12HP and swap the PTO from the 12 over to the 16. The sixteen does not have one but it looks like all the mounting holes are there. The twelve needs work and the 16 is in great condition. Any help or suggestions will be helpfull. Thanks in advance. Rich.

So far everything else appears good. The 12 seems to be too loose to give full power, thats why I'm looking at the swap. Rich.

I have a 3112H that has a 16 horse briggs in it that someone put in it at one time or another and I have had no problems with it.