Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Old Cyclone Spreader

Bailey

After looking at poly and thin tubing built big box store spreaders for months, I finally found something completely different. Don't know the capacity, but it's good sized.... I'd guess at least 100 lbs. Very solid, sturdy piece of work made in Indiana (as was I)... gave 50 bucks and should last forever.

Check out the gear box....... cast iron, grease fitting, rebuildable.

One thing I notice right off, both wheels are rotating with the axle, no freewheeling. Not sure if one is locked or if it is that way by design. A little odd, won't like to make tight turns.....

:D Andy. You won't be making any tight turns. It's a broadcast spreader after all. Should throw fertilizer at least 10ft. to either side. Wheel track is narrow enough it won't scuff the lawn when turning.:) B10Dave

Nice find. I'll take "rebuildable" over "throw-away" any day. Now if my yard was A LOT bigger, I would even make you an offer.:D

Nice and it has a real gear box. The new ones can't be towed any faster than a "walking pace". At least that's what they told me when I called to complain about a stripped gear in one. I had not taken it any faster any way because of the cheap plastic gears.

Very nice, very jealous! how will you figure out settings for different products? is there a manual still available?