Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2210 from Pioneer Show - Update 10-19-2010

JimDk

Here's a 2210 that I picked up at our show. It has the usual mouse condo in the engine and low compression. No, I did not get a complete set of hub caps. May be a future project.

I rolled the 2210 into my shop, yesterday, and pulled the engine. As I thought, it had a nasty mouse nest on top of the coil. The coil is ruined, but the rest of the engine seems to be ok. I am cleaning and painting the engine, and that brings me to the next question. I am thinking about repainting the white parts and just giving the orange a touch-up and a good cleaning. The decals are decent. I would have a nearly original tractor without a ton of work.:):)

I just put that tire on for the picture. I had already named it "I-lean". She's a good ol' girl.:)sm01

Not bad. My first trac back in high school was ressurecting my grandma's 2210 from BGB death. Of course dad and I had to redo the paint :D

• 2 months later...
I have made a little progress with the 2210 refurb. I hoped to touch up the paint and keep it as original as possible. As you can see, it is going to be a challenge. It looks like I will need to repaint the seat/fender . The engine seems ok after removing the mouse condo and replacing the coil. Other than the rust under the seat, it is a nice straight tractor.

Jim, So does this mean you got your "other" project done? If so, how about a final pic.sm01 The 2210 looks like it will be a good worker.

J-P, No, I don't think the hydro LL project will ever be completely done. I have a 16hp block out getting bored out for it. So, when I need to escape from Audrey for a while, I dig up another tractor to work on.:D}:) The 2210 is a decent tractor and I was disappointed to find so much surface rust under the seat. The P.O. had mounted the seat pan directly on the fender, and with no way for water to evaporate, it rusted. I am going to repaint the whole seat/fender unit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts