Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new tank---update

snohiker

after seeing how much a used fuel tank goes for i decided to give it a shot thanks to my dad who always tought me to build before i buy and is the second owner of my 3112h this is what i have so far

That's going to turn out nice,I used to work in a sheet metal fab shop and I miss making stuff like that.

yea in this hobby the trade does come in handy and its not seamless im good but not that good lol

That looks like a great start! Don't forget the little dent at the corner of the tank, it is clearance for the hood bolt if I remember correctly. Dan

• 1 month later...
yea i now about the dent i think im going to heat that area and press it in i just wanted to see how much and as for making more i need a place to get the fill tube and the threaded part for the shut off i used the ones off old tank for this one

i could have sent you some tanks. i just scrapped 3 of them and i have a couple more that are in bad shape. also i come across simulair tanks in other makes that have the same fill kneck and drain. thats a good idea to send you the old tank a recieve a new one ^. if there is a way you could start making these at a affordable price, they will sell. stainless is pricey, steel works, but what about aluminum ? .

aluminum is the only thing we cant weld in the shop when my boss sold his share of the old shop and started the new one we never got a welder for alum never had the need for it seeming 90% of what we build is stainless. im going to try one more for a member and see if its worth it if so i might take on more orders. i know rust ones on here were forty to fifty bucks what would a new be worth to people