Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Could we all do something like this?

AC_B-1Novice

I’m always amazed at what people own in the Simplicity line up on this site. Maybe there is something like what I am about to suggest but if there is I don’t know about it and would like to. Here it is. I’ll bet within the Simplicity group there could be represented every tractor that Simplicity has made. Not the spin off’s but just Simplicity and Allis Chalmers. Wouldn’t it be nice if this site offered a gallery of at least one picture of every tractor they made (with a small data set about it) submitted by the members of the group? People could reference what they have by browsing and looking at a picture of what was made. Or, see one and say ‘Boy I’d like to have one like that! It would be quite an attraction to any mower enthusiast and might even draw new members. It would certainly stir up some people to begin restorations. I know… I’m probably just dreaming but this just happened to cross my mind and I for one would love to see it develop. Would you? larry

Sounds like a great idea to me. In the gallery you could click on a particular model and have it pull up a list of photos of each one represented in the group...

Have you checked out the Simple Tractors site (also by Kent)? There is a gallary of member's tractors there. But don't think all members are listed, nor do I think all tractors are listed either. Plus you can see modificaitons some members have done. Check it out. Rick.........

To do something like this, I would think that the tractor would have to be 100 percent original, including tires. That is the only way that the picture would be completely representative of the factory model. None of my tractors are original. Two of my tractors were built from parts and the third has been extensively modified, so pictures of mine would be semi-useless to many members. If they were looking for a tractor to purchase, they could not find one that looked like mine. Even oversize tires change the look from a factory original. There are many pictures of tractors on this site, but not many are completely original. My opinion is that if there is "anything" visible in the picture that would have not have been seen when the tractor came from the factory, then the tractor should not be used in a "Tractor Model Pictorial".

yeah that is a very good point. I think a stock & modified stock division would need to happen. Out of my 4 only 1 would be bone stock. 2 have s larger motor. 1 is getting ready to get a newer motor.

There is already the "Gallery" on "SimpleTrACtors" where people can post the pictures of their tractors, whether modified or not. The following picture of me on my 713S is one reason why I say the tractors should be all original in any model pictorial.

First of all AC never made a 713S. The closest they had was a 712S. A 712S had a Kohler engine, while my 713S has a B/S engine. The narrow tri-rib front tires would not have been on this tractor. Neither would the 26x12x12 turf tires on 12 inch wide wheels that are on the rear. The decal on the top of the grille is not factory, since it was made by me to my own design. Neither AC nor Simplicity ever had a chrome exhaust coming through the side of the grille like this one. There never was one made with fender flares like are on the rear fenders. A factory tractor would not have had a polished aluminum plug where the gas tank filler once was. Last, but not least, B/S never made an air cleaner with a snorkel on it like the one on my tractor. Now do you guys see why I said that any tractors in the model pictorial should be completely original?

Rod, whats with the snorkle...trying to get that thing going fast enough for a ram air effect:D:D:D That tractor really does look nice!