Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric Lift

JohnMBerst

Was helping a friend look at some 7100 series last night and they had electric lift, not hydro. Still learning, asking, are these ok? His other 7100 had hydro, but seller noted they lift the same weight. Good - bad? Thanks in advance.

I cant speak to the hydro lift specifically... but ... I do have the electric lifts on my tractors... they are very strong... you can lift trees with them to drag out of the woods... although I would not recommend it, even with a hydro you still risk a cracked axle tube bouncing over bumps dragging logs..... so in my opinion... the weight these lifts CAN lift should be far overshadowed by the amount you should be lifting ANYTHING as per the limits of the entire tractor.... as they WILL lift more than you should be lifting. They wont use horsepower for a hyraulic pump as they are electric, but dont use them to the point of discharging your battery completely. They seem to last very well and are heavy duty.

I agree with above, hydro lift is a little faster and, IMO, easier to use (lever vs small switch). One advantage to the electric lift is you can use it without starting the tractor. And it sure is better than the manual lift for a snowblower or tiller. I never had any issues lifting a deck with the manual lift.

The electric lift will lift the 300 pound 38" heavy duty tiller like it wasn`t there. They are not as nice as hydro but do the job.

I have an electric lift on my 712H. That tractor gets a lot of work with a snowblade. Personally, for that job I would rather have a manual lift. It gets exciting sometimes trying to steer, pull the hydro lever, and work the switch for the lift when you cross the road, and are trying to lift the blade.:p It's also slow.

I get the same thing in the winter. Lift the blade, back up, steer, move the wiper, drink coffee, repeat!:D Boy, do I need to get a radio in that cab!:D:D:D

I have one of each and don't see much difference between them, but never did a side by side test. They both beat arm-strong and the electric is nice when I am hooking up the mower deck. Greg

Thanks guys. Should be good with the electric. Working to get my arm-strong for the lifting the blower, and that coffee Mike. Or perhaps no snow in SE WI this year. Thanks again!

I've thought about installing one, but aren't they glacier-slow when plowing snow? I like to lift the blade (armstrong lift) right when I hit the bank, so it throws the snow up over the bank. I can't see an electric lift moving that fast.