Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1964 Landlord Update

bowhunt4life

About a month or so ago my wife talked me into getting a 1964 Simplicity Landlord, she knew how much I kicked myself for getting rid of my 1965 B-10 five years ago. Anyway here are some before and after pictures and a link to a YouTube video I made. I gave her a facelift, not a total frame off restoration but cleaned her up and gave her some new paint and it turned out pretty good since I am not a gifted mechanic or paint guy. My to do list consists of some decals, get the tiller belts, maybe tackle the deck, blast-prime-paint the rims and enjoy her.

Link to my YouTube Video, you might even recognize the artwork(snagged it from simpletractors); [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NEaUyF0cDk[/url] Enjoy and thanks to all who helped me get to this point. I love it!

Thanks! I couldn't have done it without this site and the members. I have been mowing my yard with it now for a week or so and air clean it when done. Mows and cuts so much better than my 2000 Craftsman.

Where did you get that seat cover from? It looks like it fits well. Better than any other covers I've seen for these seats.

I purchased the seat cover off of Ebay; $24.99 I think the price was. Fits great, easy on and off. I had to remove the original foam that was on my seat pan in order for the cover to fit. Cover fits like a glove and also comes in orange. Here is a link. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Lawn-Tractor-Seat-Cushion-Simplicity-1960s-1970s-/120600709565?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c145cc9bd[/url]

I was very lucky that this landlord was barn kept and it was the guys parts landlord. He gave me the better deck and still has his other landlord and a snowthrower. I have been meaning to call him and tell him that if he ever wants to get rid of his other landlord to call me. Thanks for the kind words and again I couldn't have fixed the carb and repainted her without this site and it's members. Chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PhanDad
    • SmilinSam
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts