Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1974 Sovereign 3416H

rca

Yes, that's exactly what it looks like, except for being painted white to match the tractor. I don't see a lift lever on the tractor in your picture and suspect it probably has an electric lift, which would certainly be easier than lifting the bucket manually. By the way, the Sovereign I bought was the first Simplicity I had ever seen or heard of. They seem to be a pretty stout piece of equipment. I use mine to mow 2 acres and the tiller has been used on our two small gardens. Haven't really had a use for the blades & bucket yet (except just to play). This web site has been a tremendous source of info. Thanks

It may be called a "Buccateer." I don't know anything about them. Perhaps John Scheele knows.

Your bucket might be a "Bucketeer" made in Minnasota. They are not in business any more that I know of.

A while back, I bought a 1974 3416H Sovereign for $200.00. It came with a 32" tiller, a front blade, a grator blade, a 48" mow deck, a cart, and a trip bucket. After a few hundred $$$s in work, the tractor now runs better than my new murray rider. Was a trip bucket ever available from Simplicity? I have seen no reference to one in the info on this web site. I looks similar to the Johnny Bucket but a little smaller, & appears to be about the same age as rest of the attachments. It attaches to the right hand lift lever, and is quite a chore to lift when loaded.

Does the bucket look like the one below? Personally, this picture is the first I'd heard/seen of a bucket other than the Johnny Bucket. I have not seen any mention of them in the Simplicity stuff that I've seen. I'd guess that it is definitely an aftermarket item, and perhaps was made for another tractor and has been adapted/modified to fit the Simplicity.... http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/20984ca2e6c5612e5316734d1c/i-1.JPG