Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Project!!

larry8200

Been looking for a project tractor and came by this: (Completely out of the blue) LandLord 2010. 1 owner, garaged, only used for light mowing, Starts right up, deck is quiet, muffler isn't, belts and tires super, rigorously maintained, everything tight, PHEW!! Except for the battery, etc. this looks to be completely original. Need s seat and muffler. about 2 weeks till I can get it home, can hardly wait. Only has the mower deck oh well. The only problem is, it might not be much of a project

They must have made a ton of these tractors or they built them that good there is alot stil around. I have never seen any til I bought one now they are poping up everywhere. Nice find Larry.

Hey Larry, I'm happy for you honestly. But John the guy you are buying it from already agreed on a price with me earlier in the week and we had plans for me to go pick it up tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Then suddenly he calls me last night to tell me he's going to sell it to someone else. Kind of a total @ss move in my book, but not your fault. He told me some guy in NH offered him $1000. I hope he was pulling my leg for two reasons - first off because he agreed to WAY less than that with me and it's DEFINITELY NOT a $1000 machine. You might want to consider that if in fact he's telling the truth. Just looking out for my SimpleTractor peeps.

lol same guy offered it to me for 500 i thought that was to much is very nice tho just a stick with no hydro

quote:
Originally posted by snohiker
...just a stick with no hydro
Exactly! I would just hate to see anyone pay stupid money for it because there are so many out there for considerbly less and the seller is obviously shady. My $0.02 for what it's worth Larry, run the other direction unless you're getting it for $350-400.

quote:
Originally posted by grnlark
Hey Larry, I'm happy for you honestly. But John the guy you are buying it from already agreed on a price with me earlier in the week and we had plans for me to go pick it up tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Then suddenly he calls me last night to tell me he's going to sell it to someone else. Kind of a total @ss move in my book, but not your fault. He told me some guy in NH offered him $1000. I hope he was pulling my leg for two reasons - first off because he agreed to WAY less than that with me and it's DEFINITELY NOT a $1000 machine. You might want to consider that if in fact he's telling the truth. Just looking out for my SimpleTractor peeps.
This guys name is George in Trumbell CT, and said he had an offer for 350 that he hadn't accepted. The deal I made with him is he's delivering it to New Hampshire, and I'm making him some maple cabinets for a half bath that I'll probably have 10 hours shop time and $100-$200 in materials. Since I'm not busy at the moment, and delivering 190 miles is worth a couple hundred bucks, and he's not getting anything until I have the tractor, It seems like a nice way to "start" my collection. It's true you could not buy these cabinets for much under a grand from a reputable custom cabinet manufacturer, It's also true I could only get about $500 here. So... Hate being here. Maybe we should all cut, and run screaming for the hills. I was apprehensive abougt posting without a bird in hand, Looks like a good thing I did.

I'm positive it's the same guy. He has his name listed as JohnD in the CL ad. He sent me the exact same pics which he claims he took with his Blackberry and yes, he was from Trumbull. It's totally nothing against you, I just think it's kinda funny that snohiker talked to him too.

quote:
Originally posted by snohiker
yup john d just went to my mail and checked he also has or has a 7114 he wanted 900 for
yeah, that's him. he claims these were his grandfathers two tractors.

ive gotten nicer for $100 & under. would'nt pay much more than $200 for that one without any options on it. there is one near me that has been forsale about a year for $400.

Here in New England anything under $400 sells in about 2 seconds flat. If you have cash, time and a good truck you can get lucky at auctions. I don't. I Suppose I could buy one of your hundred dollar machines out there, but after paying $500 to have it shipped back, cant see how I'd be better off. :)

ya, ive been lucky on a few good ones :D. well i hope ya get that landlord home and lookin as good as your 3416 ;).

quote:
Originally posted by perry
ya, ive been lucky on a few good ones :D. well i hope ya get that landlord home and lookin as good as your 3416 ;).
Thanks, at the moment it's not looking good, which is maybe best. Be kinda funny if the seller has read this post.

I wanted to see if in fact this guy is as much of a jerk as I thought. So I had another friend of mine call as though he was responding to the CL ad and see if he could try to negotiate a deal on it LAST NIGHT! "JohnD" (seller) says he had a deal in the works, but "make me an offer". Oh boy this guy is a piece of work.

Still has the add in CL huh? Imagine that. He may well find that your original deal he backed on was as good as it was going to get

quote:
Be kinda funny if the seller has read this post.
have to be a paying member here to read this section of the club ;).

Offer him a grand and let larry sell him the cabinets for a grand, make up an excuse that you need 2 weeks, larry can tell him he needs $500 up front for materials. In the end Larry makes 500 and the guy is sitting on his tractor...

• 2 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by grnlark
just wondering if the deal ever worked out for you?
I sent emails to him at georgeligouri@gmail.com the last 2 weekends and he promised to call during the day Monday both times. No calls yet, go figure. Todays Friday, right? At the very least he's not a mootivated seller. :)

Definitely not happening. I dont know if he doesn't really want to sell, or what his problem is, but I wont be doing any business with him.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PRMax9020
    • Tarheel
    • gwiseman
    • TheFlash300
    • BLT
    • oldsarge
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts