Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bkassulke

110 deck belt

bkassulke
what length deck drive belt do you use. This is going from the center pto to the deck pulley. I was told 44.1 and I have a 44 and it is way too short. Any one use something else?

msiebern
quote:
Originally posted by bkassulke
what length deck drive belt do you use. This is going from the center pto to the deck pulley. I was told 44.1 and I have a 44 and it is way too short. Any one use something else?
That is what my book calls for. The old part number was 108099 and 44.1" long x 1/2 cross section. Did you release the tension lever on the pto at the back of the tractor before trying to install it? If you are using a 48" deck it calls for 45.1"

bkassulke
it is a 42" deck. the belt tensioner is loose and it is still really hard to get the belt on. then it rubs all the time on the tubes that the rollers mount to. i can understand it rubbing the when the deck is up but when on the ground I do not think that is right.

msiebern
quote:
Originally posted by bkassulke
it is a 42" deck. the belt tensioner is loose and it is still really hard to get the belt on. then it rubs all the time on the tubes that the rollers mount to. i can understand it rubbing the when the deck is up but when on the ground I do not think that is right.
I am not real sure, but thinking out loud, it sounds like your engagement mechanism on the side of the tractor may be out of adjustment. If you loosen the set screw and let the rod slide up, I think it should allow the pulley to swing farther forward. Since it is swinging in an arc it should be higher the farther you let it come ahead and thus provide more clearance from the belt to the tube. I am just thinking out of the box here and not standing in front of mine to verify my thoughts. When you get the belt on, then you can tighten the set screw in the position that gives you proper tension. Hope I am thinking this out correctly.